Service Disconnection Information
- If your service is disconnected for non-payment, only payment in full by 4:00 pm will restore your service that same day.
- The city does not accept personal checks when service has been disconnected.
- Calls received after business hours will be serviced next business day after your payment has been received.
- During normal business hours restores are done in the order in which they are received after 2pm.
City Ordinance - 13.04.230.
Authority to turn on water.
After the water has been shut off at the curb cock, if it should be turned on by any person other than an employee of the water department, the water will be again shut off, a section of the service pipe removed, and service will not be furnished until the arrears, current month and an additional charge for the reasonable cost of disconnection and resumption of service, as determined by administrative policy, are paid. (Prior code §3-3-25)
Additional fees when applicable: Collection, Processing and Enforcement
** Non-payment disconnections are classified as Non-emergency
- Collection, Processing and Enforcement - $25.00
- Returned Check, Non-Sufficient Funds - $25.00
- Meter Tampering $25.00. Service turned on by someone other than a City employee.
- Damaged Padlock - $10.00 - Lock cut to facilitate turning own water service on.
- Meter Pull - $50.00 - if the City has to pull the water meter following tampering.
- After hours restore - $190.00*. Non-emergency restore calls