The Library Board exists to advise the city commission on library policies and practices, assist with budget preparation, represent interests of library users, foster public knowledge and support of the library and, assist in the long-term development of services and facilities.
Board members are appointed by the mayor to 4-year terms. The 7-member board is comprised of 4 residents of Oregon City: 2 residents of postal zip codes 97045 or 97004 who reside outside of the city limits and, 1 at-large member in either of the above categories. Terms are staggered and expire at the end of a calendar year.
Current board members:
- Dan Millard (City) exp. Dec. 31, 2016, Chair
- Eileen Sheridan (Non-City) exp. Dec. 31, 2017, Vice-Chair
- Lara Ingham (City) exp. Dec. 31, 2017
- Don Wright, (City) exp. Dec. 31, 2018
- Jan Wallinder, (Non-City) exp. Dec. 31, 2018
- DA Hilderbrand (At-large) exp. Dec. 31, 2019
- Scott Edwards (City) exp. Dec. 31, 2019
If you are interested in serving on the Library Board you may print an application from the City website. You may also contact the Library Director, Maureen Cole, by calling 503-657-8269 ext 10 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The library board meets at 5:00 on the second Wednesday of the month in the Commission Chambers at 625 Center Street unless notice is posted otherwise.
You may communicate with the Library Board via e-mail at email@example.com.