Hillendale Park is located on Clairmont Way with parking also available on Rosebery Avenue. The park can also be accessed through a paved walking path tucked away at the end of Red Soils Court located just off Beavercreek Road. The trails are lined with sitting benches and large-grassy areas suitable for lawn games. A small creek runs through the park, with an observation deck overlooking the wetlands.
Location: 19260 Clairmont Way
Size: 16 acres
- Children's play structure
- Swing sets
- Walking paths/bridge
- Tennis court
- Basketball courts
- Pickleball courts
- Soccer fields
- Softball fields
- Sand Volleyball court
- Wetlands preservation
- Observation deck
- Drinking fountain
- Restroom facilities
Facilities: 1 reservable shelter, 2 softball fields, 2 soccer fields, 1 sand volleyball court, 1 tennis court.
|Hillendale Picnic Shelter sits in the SW corner of the park near the parking lot and play structure. Amenities include: 8 picnic tables, a BBQ grill, and a nearby drinking fountain, restroom and children's play structure.
There is also a park-host located on-site to answer general questions.
(See below for reservation instructions)
Field and Court Information
Fields available for Reservation:
NO ADULT SPORTS ON THESE FIELDS
To see a map of the fields click on the map.
For field regulations go to our about page.
(See below for reservation instructions)
There are Three Ways to Reserve a Shelter:
- Call Park Operations at (503)496-1201
- Stop by the office Monday-Friday, 8:00am - 4:00pm
- Send us an inquiry. Submit this form and we will respond to you within 48 hours.
- Reservation charges must be paid in full to complete the reservation.
- If you are planning a special event with 100+ people, please call the Park Operations Office at (503)496-1201.
Shelter Reservation Rates:
|# of People||Cost||Time Blocks|
|1 - 50||$65 for up to 4 hours||11am - 3pm or 4pm - 8pm|
|51 - 100||$85 for up to 4 hours||11am - 3pm or 4pm - 8pm|
|101 +||Special Event (Call Park Operations)||Based on availability|
Sports Fields Rules and Regulations:
- No adult baseball on any fields, adult softball available on select fields.
- No adult soccer on any fields.
- Ball games and soccer games should never overlap on any fields.
- No Alcohol Permitted.
- At no time should any vehicle or motorized equipment be driven on park property, even if intention is to prepare a field for usage. Only handheld or manual equipment can be used.
- All parks, fields, courts, and facilities are available for rent provided there is no conflict with any City Sponsored event or activity. The City of Oregon City reserves the right to use any of the parks, fields, courts, and/or facilities for any City Sponsored event or activity and has usage priority in our reservation system.
- Park is closed from 10:00 PM - 5:00 AM. It is unlawful for persons to be in the parks between these hours.
- Pets are welcome, but must be leashed. Please clean up after your pets.
- Alcohol is not permitted in Oregon City Parks.
- BBQ's are allowed in designated receptacles or you may bring your own BBQ (with the exception of Children’s Canemah and Rivercrest Spraypark shelters). All BBQ’s must have at least 8” legs.
- No firearms or fireworks.
- No amplified music or public address systems, except by permit.
- You are responsible for your litter. If you cannot find a trash disposal bin, please follow the "pack it out" policy. We appreciate your efforts to leave the park clean for others to enjoy.
- All Oregon City Parks are smoke and tobacco free.
- Shelter must be vacated at the end of the reserved period.
- All trash must be removed by users at the end of the reserved period.
- Alcohol is never permitted in shelter.
- All renters must request electricity for their event.
- No water balloons or spray silly string are allowed anywhere in the park.
- Carry your Facility Registration during activity as proof of your reservation.
- Reservations may be made up to one year in advance.
- Refunds are allowed for cancellations received by the Oregon City Parks office prior to two weeks before the date of activity. A $10 processing fee will be deducted from all refunds. No refunds will be given for cancellations within 2 weeks of reservation.
- No modifications of reservation date or time will be allowed within 2 weeks of park shelter reservation.
Oregon City Ordinances and Oregon Laws
- Oregon City Ordinance No 16-1012, para 11, effective Dec. 2, 2016: All Oregon City Parks are smoke and tobacco free.
- Oregon City Ordinance No 16-1011, effective Dec. 2, 2016: Any municipal police officer may exclude any person who violates any applicable provision of law in any park from the Oregon City’s parks in accordance with the provisions of the Section.
- Oregon law (ORS 105.682, et seq.) provides that the City of Oregon City is not liable in contract or tort for injury, death, or property damage that arises out of use of land for recreational purposes (known as “recreational use immunity”). That immunity from liability does not apply if the owner makes a charge for permission to use the land. The fee you paid is only for use of the reserved park shelter. Other uses of this park, or any use of the property outside the reserved facility are not subject to a charge and, therefore, the City of Oregon City is not liable for injuries, death, or property damage arising out of such uses of the property for which no specific charge has been made.