The Pioneer Community Center
Located at 615 5th St. Oregon City, OR, the Pioneer Adult Community Center is a multi-purpose recreation center for senior citizens and community members. The center is open to the public Monday - Friday from 9am-4pm. The Pioneer Center's primary responsibility is to enhance the quality of life for community senior citizens.
The Center offers many classes, programs, and services to help individuals stay safe, healthy, active. By offering nutritional, educational, recreational and social services to older adults in the community, we help individuals maintain an independent and active lifestyle.
The grounds provide a beautiful place to enjoy the outdoors and take a stroll through our Peace Garden. Parking is plentiful and TriMet bus stop is conveniently located for those who use public transportation.
Some of the opportunities available:
- Recreation - including ball room dancing, art classes, trips, hikes, games, computers
- Transportation - which offers a ride to your doctor, shopping or other personal errands
- Meals on Wheels - nutritional program for home bound seniors
- Noon Time Lunch - served in our dining room from 11:30am-12:30pm, M-F
- Client Services - offering information, assistance and referrals to community resources
- In House Services - Senior Law Project, foot care clinic, medical equipment loans, food boxes, etc.
- Volunteer Opportunities - Servers, pan washers, dishwashers, Meals on Wheels Drivers, receptionists
- The Pioneer Pantry - Tuesday & Friday store offering discounted bakery and store items.
- Community Garden, where good things come to those who wait
- Facility Rentals - Weddings, receptions, birthdays, retirement parties, business/group meetings, trainings
Our wonderful staff works to provide seniors with the tools and services to keep them healthy, active and independent.
Pioneer Community Center Staff:
- Kathy Wiseman Center Manager
- Jamie Davie Client Services Coordinator
- Jessica Spencer Program Assistant
- Shirley Ryan Meals on Wheels Coordinator
- Patty Hopkins Food Service Worker
- Debbie Taplin Office Specialist
- Karl Baxter Van Driver
- Jerry Waggener Van Driver
Pioneer Community Center
615 Fifth Street
Oregon City, Oregon 97045 USA
(503) 657-8287 ph
(503) 657-9851 fax
The Center is open for services: Monday-Friday 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM