This is a small (30x60 feet) one-story building with a full basement. It is constructed of hollow clay tile with a stucco finish. The windows are a combination of 8:8 and 2:2 double hung wood sash. The most prominent feature is the gabled entry porch with flattened arches, square boxed posts with simple caps, and a small blind niche in the front gable end. The building sits on the southeast corner of 9th St. and McLoughlin Blvd., facing north.
Statement of Significance: This building was constructed in 1930 by St. Paul's Episcopal Church for use as a parish hall. It was built by L.B. Allen, a contractor from Jennings Lodge, for $4000. In the mid-1940s, the church property was sold to the First National Bank for construction of the new bank building on the corner of Main and 9th Streets. An article in the Oregon City Enterprise reported that the bank had offered the parish hall to the Chamber of Commerce, who was looking for a new home, if they would move it, No further information was provided as to whether or not the building was actually moved, but if so, only a matter of feet or yards to the west of its original site. The building was eventually the site of the Chamber of Commerce, who was listed at this address in the 1953 directory. Additional office space housed the Farmers Home Administration and Production Surveys, Inc. It housed other business as well over the years, although it was vacant at the time of the 1983 survey. It was recently purchased by McMenamins, a company out of Portland that is known for restoring historic buildings for use as their restaurant and brewery outlets. The building is in good condition and retains a very high degree of integrity, It is, therefore, eligible as a contributing resource in a historic district.