This two-story building sits across the street south from the courthouse, facing north. It has aluminum slider windows on the upper floor and fixed pane windows on the ground floor, which have been covered with metal security bars. The front facade wall is unadorned except for an attached "canopy" of vertical boards, which wraps around the west side of the building and serves as decoration dividing the first from second floors. An earlier addition on the west side of the building was either removed or incorporated into the one-story addition currently on the building. A covered balcony sits atop the addition. The parapet is topped with a simple cap.
Statement of Significance: The Butler Building, constructed in c.1925, has been substantially altered. The building, which apparently had become an eyesore in the downtown, was leased to Howard Cohn in 1977 so that the building could be renovated and improved. A small vacant gas station that was adjacent to the west side of the building was removed and the entire Butler Building remodeled. Since its construction it has provided office space for professionals working downtown, especially for attorneys who desired close proximity to the courthouse across the street. It continued to provide office space for attorneys today. Because the building has been substantially altered, it no longer retains sufficient integrity to be considered eligible as a contributing resource.