Statement of Significance: The lot was purchased in 1887 by Jacob and Henrietta Jones, along with all other lots in the block. In 1889 Jacob, born in 1839 in Michigan, and Henrietta, born in 1851 in Indiana, were living in the Highland Precinct of Clackamas County, where Jones farmed. They had seven children at that time, all born in Oregon. They sold the house and Lots 5 through 8 to D.C. Latourette in 1893, who turned around and sold the property a year later to Elnora W.E. Redberg, who lived there until she died, c.1908. The Jones' moved to the Abernethy area, where, by 1900, Jacob was engaged in lumber manufacturing. At that time the youngest child, Percy A., who was born in 1893, was living with them; only Henry, apparently now a widower, who worked as a sawyer in a sawmill (his father's?) of the elder children also lived with them. The house is significant for its age and is typical of Oregon City residences of its era.