The structure at about 1102 John Quincy Adams was built in 1914 as a high school gymnasium. The rectangular, front gabled form is essentially modern, with some classical Georgian elements. The exterior is brick laid in common bond pattern with a rusticated water table and a concrete basement. The center portion of the façade projects. The front door, reached by six steps, is topped with a broken segmental pediment. Above this is a large Adam-style window. To either side of the center are large 12/12 wood framed windows. The structure was converted to a school art building in 1958. It is still used by the school, though several of the window openings on the sides, as wells as the main entrance, have been covered with plywood.