This two story Commercial-style multi-unit residence has a rectangular plan and sits on a poured concrete foundation. The flat roof is built-up and encircled with stepped coping. The building is covered with stucco. Windows are primarily 1/1 wood double-hung and 1/1 aluminum. Multiple entry doors have sidelights. A one-story flat roof addition is on the north side.
Statement of Significance: This building was constructed for Joseph and Josephine Misley who purchased the lot (5) from H. A. Rayl in 1919. The Misley's ran a grocery store in the building for years and lived in an apartment upstairs. The building, by 1925, was divided in two on an east-west axis, and an apartment was located in the northerly side. Before opening the grocery store, Misley worked as a screener for the Crown-Willamette Paper Company. They sold the building 27 years later to Lawrence and Genevieve Grassman. Ownership changed hands several times over the next thirty years or so.