This bungalow sits under a front gable roof, with a second smaller gable projecting out to the west from the south end of the street façade. The porch gable is supported by a pair of tapered square columns resting on the porch deck, which is surrounded by a low wood slat balustrade. The gables feature open eaves and large knee brackets that penetrate the wide barge boards. The house rests on a parged concrete foundation, topped by a full water table. The house is clad with V-groove drop siding, finished with cornerboards. The windows are a mixture of 6/1, 3/1 and 1/1 double-hung wood sash through most of the house, but the windows in the southeast corer have been replaced with aluminum sliding sashes. The windows typically feature wide board trim and narrow sills above an apron board. The gable ends feature latticework vents with the same surrounds as the windows in the house.
Statement of Significance: Isaac Farr Jr. first purchased lots 1-8 from John and Sarah Myers in 1879. Isaac sold lot 5 to Ross Farr in 1910. In 1912, Ross sold the lot to F.P. Cross. Cross and his wife sold the property to William and Alkevzaine Lawson in 1917, who 1 month later sold it to Leo Shindler. Mr. Shindler sold the south half of lot 5 with the house to W.F. Tipton in 1922. W.F. Tipton owned the Wardrobe Cleaners at the base of the municipal elevator. Mr. Tipton and his wife Mary also owned a house at 406 S. High Street, which sits on the bluff and overlooks the city. The widow Mary Tipton sold the lot in 1937 to Sarah Tipton. In 1955, Jane Tipton sold the property to Anna Shockley. In 1964, Anna died and the executor of her estate, Elizabeth Nichols, sold the lot to William and Jo Anne Shannon in 1965.