This is a small, one-story building which sits mid-block on 7th Street between Main and Railroad, facing north, It has two storefronts of different sizes, the west bay being smaller than the east bay. The west bay has recessed entrance and window, although the original transom is intact above the recess. The east bay's entrance and windows are also recessed, but the transoms are removed. Modern aluminum framed windows have been installed. Brick planter boxes have been installed in front of the east bay. The front wall above the storefronts is a short parapet with steps, topped with a simple, but decorative coping.
Statement of Significance: This building was constructed in c.1921 at about the same time as the Price Brothers Store, built on the site of the church that burned in 1919. It, like the Price Bros. Building to its west, was constructed of hollow clay tile, and the depth of this building matches the width of that building as if they were designed and built at the same time. According to the 1925 Sanborn map, a restaurant occupied the west bay and a meat market occupied the east bay. The 1941 city directory indicates that an accountant's office was located at 210 and the meat market continued at the 212 location. In 1947, the accountant had been replaced by the CC Beauty Shop and Hester Nystrom's (a milliner) shop and the market was then known as Penny Cash Market (selling meats and fish). Penny's was still located at this site in the 1953 directory; Budget Finance was located at the 210 address. Apparently the storefronts were somewhat altered sometime in the 1960s or 1970s, with greater changes to the east bay than the west bay. These alterations appear to be of a reversible nature. Regardless, the building still conveys its historic integrity to a relatively high degree and would be considered eligible (although marginally) as a contributing resource in a historic district.