The 1-1/2 story vernacular house sits at street level slightly setback from the street. A brick chimney sticks out of the ridge of this simple gable roof with a slight overhang. Wood shingles cover the house, but are not the original siding. Windows are a 1/1 wood double-hung. A front entry porch with a hip roof appears to be a later addition. A shed roof-lean to piece has been added to the south side of the house.
Statement of Significance: Emil and Emma Schrader bought this property in 1912 from B.F. Linn. Emil Schrader had a bakery shop at 7th and John Adams Street. The couple sold the property to Herman Schrader in 1921, who in turn sold three years later to August and Rachel Fix. The couple owned the house until 1935, when it was sold to C.E. and Mary Lovey, who in turn transferred in 1941 to Martin Stevens. These and subsequent owners do not appear to have occupied the house. From at least 1947 to 1953, it was rented to Lew Kidman, a carpenter, his wife Lorraine and their four children. In 1958 Victor Himbigner, a truck driver, and Carol Himbinger lived here with their three children.