This 1-1/2 story house sits under a front gable roof with shed dormers on both the north and south sides of the main gable. A hipped porch runs the full width of the east façade, supported by paired square columns with entasis. These columns rest on wood piers that match the solid balustrade enclosing the porch. A wide blank frieze is present below the enclosed eaves of the porch hip. The other eaves on the house are all open with chamfered knee brackets that penetrate the notched barge boards. The house rests on a concrete foundation, and is primarily clad with narrow beveled lap siding. On the south side of the house, a pair of rectangular bays are cantilevered out at the first floor level under a single shed roof. This shed is imitated in the gable ends, with small shed roofs over the grouped gable end windows. These windows, like the others throughout the second floor and most of the first floor, are 6/1 double-hung sashes with plain board trim and decorative molding at the outer edges. The south side windows on the first floor have been replaced with fixed wood sashes, but retain the original trim. On the north side of the house, a small rectangular bay houses a second entry to the house. This bay, probably added about 1930, features shingle siding and six light casement windows. The house also features a large brick chimney that penetrates the ridge near the center of the house. At the southwest corner of the lot is a small gabled garage with many of the same features as the main house, including narrow lap siding, open eaves, and knee brackets. The garage doors have been removed at this time.
Statement of Significance: This property was owned, along with 7 other lots, by J.W. and Mary Norris. In 1881 lot 2 was sold to Isaac Farr. The Farrs retained the property for almost 30 years before selling to Louisa Odekirk in 1910. Mrs. Odekirk sold several months later to J.W. Davenport. Little is known of the Davenports except that Joseph Davenport was a papermaker for Crown-Willamette Paper Co. In 1916, the Davenports sold to Mary Eggiman. Mrs. Eggiman was a widow and sold the property in 1917 to W.S. and Alice Mulvey. The Mulveys held the lot for about 5 years before selling in 1922 to Charles P. Mueller. Mr. Mueller sold the property in 1930 to Oliver E. Buchholz, who sold 5 years later to back to W.S. and Alice Mulvey. From the Mulveys, the property transferred to the state of Oregon in 1936. In 1938, the state sold it to Laurence and Teresa Gardner. The Gardners lived there until 1945 when they sold the lot to William and Frances Miller, who resided there until 1963. In 1963, Pierre and Mary Grand purchase the property.