This is a long, narrow building which sits on the southwest corner of 7th and Railroad. It is constructed of poured concrete faced with stucco. There are two storefronts of equal size an the north end, facing 7th Street and two storefronts on the east side, facing Railroad Avenue. With the exception of the entrance to what is now Cascade Engineering's office (far south end), which has been recessed, the storefronts are virtually intact. The two on the north end have a plate glass window with transom and a door with transom. The shop on the northeast corner also has a plate glass window with a transom on the east wall. The exterior wall surface is unadorned and a simple tile coping tops the edge of the parapet wall.
Statement of Significance: This building was constructed in c.1928. Although the earliest tenants were not confirmed, information gathered from the barber shop indicates that it has been located at this site since the building was constructed. The Montgomery Ward store was listed at this site in the 1941 and 1953 city directories. Also listed in the building were Lucylle's Beauty Shop (at 621 Railroad) and E.W. Mueller, a tailor (at 615 Railroad), both in 1947. A 1955 photograph show the sign for the Montgomery Ward Store on the 7th Street side. The building currently houses the barber shop, Cascade Engineering, and the Classic Cycle shop. It clearly exemplifies a historic building from the 1920s or 1930s and has retained a high degree of its historic integrity. It should be considered eligible as a contributing resource in a historic district.