This distinctive, 1-1/2 story, rectangular bungalow features wide barge boards with flared tips and prominent eave brackets with pyramidal caps. Tapered porch columns highlight a three-quarter-width porch with a large single-pane fixed window. The entry door is fully glassed with sidelights. There is a watertable with cap. The chimney section below the roof appears to be newer than above the roof. Some original window screen assemblies remain. The porch features a knee wall, and entry steps at the sidewalk include pedestals (for lions or planters). Sliding vinyl windows mark the basement façade. The south-facing first-floor windows have rollup awnings, and some windows have aluminum storms. There is a large gabled dormer at rear, with probable double doors at center and two 1/1 double-hung windows (partially obscured by the upper floor knee wall).
Statement of Significance: This bungalow was built as a rental unit by Hiram Straight (1871-1948) a plumbing business owner who served as Oregon City councilman and city treasurer. Straight's father was a state legislator and mayor of Oregon City, and his grandfather was foreman of the Whitman Massacre jury. Hiram married Mollie E. and in 1932 sold the house to Clarence Farr, who lived in the house during the early years of his ownership.