represented in the frieze below the roofline. A three-sided bay window on the south elevation is detailed with small decorative brackets and panels below the window projection. Wood 1/1 double-hung windows are typical throughout the structure. The exterior is clad in wood channel drop siding. The front porch has been altered with compatible non-historic wood posts that are supporting a pent roof above. The porch railing and balustrade has also been altered with a compatible spindle rail porch frieze at the roofline and decorative corner brackets below the frieze. The porch is enclosed with lattice below the wood floor material to the ground below. A stone retaining wall surrounds the front elevation of the structure. Multiple additions have occurred to the south and rear of the structure including a detached stucco clad shed to the northeast. Alterations include a new poured concrete foundation.
Statement of Significance: In 1874, John R. Trembath Jr. (a.k.a. Trumbath) purchased this property and continued to own it until 1923. Trembath was born in England in 1841 and emigrated to Oregon City in 1869 and became a fish dealer for OCWM. He was married to Lillie Trembath and was considered a "prominent resident" of Oregon City. The house was owned by the Trembath family until c1947, when it was transferred to Minnie Beaulieu. Minnie and her husband, Joseph, who was employed by the Portland Pike Tent Company, remained in the house until 1955.