This two story house sits under a complex gable roof on a concrete block foundation. Large rectangular bays extend out from the center of the house in all four directions, all rising to a full two stories. The gables feature enclosed eaves, wide rake and frieze boards with moldings at the eave, scroll cut barge boards, and decorative barge molding. The house has been clad with asbestos shingles throughout, and a wraparound porch is present on the south, east, and west sides of the house. This porch is covered by a deep hip roof, supported by a series of large square columns with a new wood balustrade running between them. The porch rests on a concrete block foundation, which has been added to on the south side where a concrete block stairway and landing have been added to the original porch. The windows are 1/1 double-hung wood sash with plain board trim and many have storm windows. A one story wing on the north side may be an early addition.
Statement of Significance: In 1868, William N. Quinn acquired this property and is credited with the construction of a single-family residence. Mr. Quinn was a warehouseman for the PFM Company. In 1923, the heirs of Quinn's estate transferred ownership to J.J. and Elvira Bigger. Although the couple owned the property for over ten years, there is no evidence they ever occupied it. In 1939, the residence was deeded to M.D. LaTourette, the manager of First National Bank, and his wife, Edna. The couple also used the house a rental, as did Karl A. and Edith R. Hartke, who purchased the property in 1944. The Hartkes are responsible for the conversion of the residence into multiple units. Tenants in the early 1960s included E. Paul Brockmann, a teacher at Trinity Lutheran School; Scotty McPherson, a salesman at Weiler's Chevrolet; Mikel Ellingboe, a clerk at Safeway; and Josephine Kuehn, retired.