This large 2-1/2 story house sits under a complex gable roof. The gables all feature boxed eaves with gable end returns above a narrow frieze molding. The north and west sides of the house feature gabled porches, and the north porch is enclosed. The west porch gable is supported by tapered square columns on shingled wood piers with a simple balustrade enclosing the porch. The house is entirely clad with wood shingles that vary in exposure to give the house texture. The house features a central brick chimney with a new galvanized cap and small louvered vents at the gable ends. The windows are predominantly double-hung sashes in six- and 8/1 configurations, but fifteen light casement windows are paired on the west side and grouped in the gable ends. The windows have narrow decorative trim molding and slender apron moldings. The house rests on a concrete foundation set high above the street with a large concrete retaining wall on the west side of the property.
Statement of Significance: W.F. Tipton and his wife Mary purchased this property from F.J. Tooze in 1922, and was the first known occupant of this house. Tipton owned the Wardrobe Cleaners at the base of the municipal elevator. Sally Tipton, their daughter, worked in the Clackamas County Library, rising to the position of Head Librarian, and lived in the house until 1981.