This two-story simple Queen Anne house has a truncated hip roof with gabled dormers on all sides. The siding is large asbestos ceramic shingles except one north gable where original decorative square and hexagonal shingles still remain. A single arched window appears in each gable. Eaves have boxed soffits and frieze board underneath. Windows are double-hung, 1/1 in wood. A porch once wrapped around the front and north sides but has been closed in on the north side. The decking still shows through the outside siding. The porch has a bellcast mansard roof with large doric columns. Alterations include poured concrete steps and a metal handrail. The porch has a decorative banister and paneled column base. There is a shed roof addition on the back of the house. This building appears on the 1911, 1925 and 1950 Sanborn map. The 1900 map indicates a building on the property but it has a small square footprint and is located closer to the road than the building as it stands in subsequent maps.
Statement of Significance: This house was one of several owned by the Jagger family, and may have been the home of Ann and Benjamin Jagger toward the end of his life. Benjamin Jagger was born in Yorkshire, England in 1822 and came to the United States in 1848. He arrived in Beavercreek, Oregon in 1872 and moved to Oregon City in 1885. The Jaggers sold this house to the Latourettes, a prominent local family in 1907. The continued to own the property through the 1940s.