This 1-1/2 story house sits under a cross gable roof, with a large gable running north-south and a second gable running out to the west from the main ridge. A third small gable faces west over the front porch. All of the gables feature enclosed eaves and decorative rake moldings. The gable ends are typically clad with octagonal imbrication above a belt course that caps the drop siding on the rest of the house. The drop siding is finished with cornerboards and rests on a full water table with cap. The windows in the house are primarily 1/1 double-hung wood sash, but wood sash fixed panes are present at the first floor in the gable ends. In the upper floor of the gable ends, small hopper windows are present. All of the windows have wide board trim on three sides, narrow sills, and projecting hood moldings. The porch on the northwest corner has been enclosed on the west side by the addition of fixed 12-pane sashes. The porch is approached by three short steps with a modern steel handrail. The foundation has been skirted with drop siding laid vertically below the water table.
Statement of Significance: In 1895, John W. and Martha A. Powell purchased two lots in this block and proceeded to construct their residence. Mr. Powell, a physician and surgeon, was a partner of Powell & Wells, and was affiliated with the Oregon City Sanitarium. In 1901, the property was sold to Arthur Holden, who in turn deeded to Izetta Waldron in 1914. Mrs. Waldron, who resided at 814 - 6th Street, was the first in a series of owners that used this house as a rental property. Other owners included Clyde G. Huntly, Carl G. and Rosa E. Green, Rose Stockton, Anton and Alvina Johanson, and Rufus and Corrine Gay. In 1962, Vernold M. and Kathryn B. Moehnke purchased this property. It was occupied in the latter 1960s by retirees, Carl W. and Helen R. Moehnke, relation unknown.