This 1-1/2 story house sits under a hip roof, with a hipped dormer on the south side. A full width porch runs across the south façade, recessed under the main hip. The hips feature open eaves with plumb cut rafter tails. The porch eave is supported by a series of tapered square columns resting on a solid balustrade clad with rounded drop siding finished with cornerboards. This is the typical cladding type for the house. The windows are primarily 1/1 double-hung wood sash with wide board surrounds and projecting sills. The dormer features 4-pane casement windows arranged in a group of three. A one story rectangular bay is cantilevered out from the west side of the house under a shed roof. A garage has been attached to the east side of the house, probably about 1925. This garage sits under a hip roof with open eaves and is clad with wide horizontal drop siding. The garage windows are grouped, and are also 4-pane casement sashes with trim identical to the house trim. The garage is accessed on the east side by a large overhead door and on the west side through a hallway attached to the house.
Statement of Significance: In 1909, James and Dorothy Mellien purchased several lots in this block and proceeded to construct this residence. Mr. Mellien repaired looms at the Oregon City Manufacturing Company before becoming a farmer and working at Clackamas County Grange Supply. The couple continued to occupy the house until it was sold to Nick and Mary Horbulyk in 1955. Mr. Horbulyk was clerk in the stockroom at JC Penney's who later became its manager. He and his wife continued to own and occupy this residence until at least the 1970s.