This is a one-story, rectangular building. The concrete block building has a truss roof system which gives it a barrel vault exterior appearance. Both the exterior and interior of the building have been substantially altered over time. A mansard shaped roof canopy attached to the front of the building during the 1983 survey has been removed and the exterior further altered, possibly for the most recent tenant, Chrome Data. The building is currently vacant. It faces west and the property includes a large parking lot on the north side of the building. Statement of Significance: This building was constructed in 1937 as the third Safeway Store in Oregon City (the first was located in the 800 block of Main, the second was located on 7th Street on the hill). Its size and configuration was typical of the new supermarkets of that era. Its construction replaced the Gambrinus Brewing Building, a 1904, two-story brick building. This site was significant as the site of the first Oregon Territorial Legislature meeting (commemorated with a plaque on the building), The building housed the Safeway Store until 1949, when a new Safeway Store was constructed in the 900 block of Main. Since then, it apparently has had periods of occupancy and vacancy. In 1953, there was no business listed at this address in the city directories. At the time of the 1983 survey, Jered's Outdoor Store was located in the building. In January 2000, Chrome Data was located at this site, but had vacated the premises by late spring. The alterations to the building, unfortunately, have resulted in an irretrievable loss of integrity and the building, although in good condition, no longer contributes to the historic character of the downtown and would be considered ineligible for the National Register.