This two-story building is basically rectangular in shape with a small one-story addition (c.1910) on the southwest corner. It has been substantially altered over time with the replacement of all windows, "modernization" of storefronts, addition of decorative elements, removal of original decorative elements. Currently, the storefronts have recessed entrances surrounded by modern brick veneer; windows are modern fixed pane display windows. Pilasters, which are flush with the wall surface except for the caps, are located along the front of the building at the street level. Some of the second floor windows have metal railings creating pairs of windows. A secondary cornice between the first and second floors wraps around the south end of the building where it is accented by a faux rusticated stone veneer and the date "1864." The building faces east and sits on the northwest corner of 6th and Main. Due to the substantial alterations, the building is not eligible as a contributing resource in a historic district. Statement of Significance: This building is perhaps the oldest standing commercial building in downtown Oregon City. The building, which today is a two-story structure with a single, cohesive facade, was originally built in three sections. The original portion of the building was a one-story, stone building which existed in 1866 and most likely was constructed earlier. According to ads in the Oregon City Enterprise in 1866, Joseph Ralston's store was located at 6th and Main, at the "old rock store." Information presented in the 1983 survey was in error in stating that John Myers' store and the courthouse were located at this site. Early newspaper accounts indicate that Myers Cash Store was located "under the Courthouse" but the courthouse was in a building on the SE corner of 5th and Main. There is no evidence that the courthouse was ever located at this site. Ralston moved to Linn County in 1871. The exchange of property is muddled, but apparently Myers purchased a portion of lot 3, which included Ralston's store, in 1871 and added a second story. In 1872, Myers and S.J. Cason purchased all of lot 3 from Ralston. It was probably at this point that the rest of the building, which is a two-story brick structure, was constructed. Although the building was tied together by a common cornice line, photos from as late as the 1890s show the building still treated as separate storefronts, with the southernmost and central bays each being three windows wide, and the north bay having four windows on the second floor. The Bank of Oregon City opened its doors in the oldest portion (southernmost bay) in 1881, at which time the front facade had a smooth, regular-coursed stone face on the ground level and was stuccoed on the upper level below the cornice line. The second floor windows had bold cornice moldings. The center and north portions of the building were left as brick for several years, although painted different colors to distinguish the two businesses located in these bays. The Oregon City Enterprise was located in this building from 1884 until 1919; the Bank of Oregon City was located here until being purchased by the U.S. National Bank in 1931. Other businesses located here include McKittrick's Oregon City Shoe Store (as evidence by 1896 photos), the Martin Five & Dime Store and Barlow's Grocery in 1916, and numerous retail stores since the 1920s. The second floor provided (still does) professional, office space.