This 1-1/2 story house sits near the center of the block, and is one lot back from 4th Street to the south. It sits under a front gable roof, with a small shed roof over the main entry to the house on the north side. This roof appears to be an addition to the house, and is supported by chamfered columns. The main gable features enclosed eaves, wide rake and frieze boards, and decorative stickwork high in the gable ends. The house is entirely clad with horizontal drop siding, finished with cornerboards. The windows are all 1/1 double-hung wood sash, and the first floor windows are paired with a chamfered central mullion. The windows typically feature board trim on three sides with narrow sills and slight hood moldings. A lean-to addition has been made to the east side of the house, covered by a shed roof with enclosed eaves and clad with drop siding that is slightly narrower than the siding on the main body of the house. A small garage is located at the southeast corner of the lot, with a gable roof that runs parallel to the alley that features exposed rafter tails. The garage is clad with narrow lap siding, finished with cornerboards, and has a replacement overhead door.
Statement of Significance: In 1891, Emma Potter purchased this property and may be responsible for the construction of the residence. The length of her tenure is uncertain, as the history of this property in the early 1900s is unclear at this time. However, in 1935, the house was purchased by Thomas and Mollie McClatchie, who do not appear to have occupied it during their nine-year ownership. In 1945, the property was sold to Joseph H. and Myrtle M. Steppa. The couple lived in the residence intermittently during their twelve-year tenure. In 1958, title was transferred to Walter and Margaret M. Exton, who in turn deeded to Victor and Dorothy Exton, relation unknown, in 1970. None of these owners appear to have ever lived in the house.