This building is a sizable, two-story structure built with concrete block and decorated with a screen wall of decorative concrete block on the upper level that is slightly cantilevered over the ground floor. It has evolved into an irregularly shaped building as it expanded to the south. The recessed entry has a stone veneer surrounds. The southwest corner of the building is polygonally rounded. Windows on the first floor are small, square fixed panes on the west and south elevations; windows on the north elevation appear to be older, multipane windows. Upper floor windows are obscured by the concrete block screen. A large parking lot is located north of the building, which sits on the northeast corner of 6th Street and McLoughlin Blvd.
Statement of Significance: The Elks Lodge in Oregon City was chartered in 1910 and the first lodge, a Classical Revival style building, was constructed on this site in 1912. That building was destroyed by fire in 1922 and another lodge, a Mission Revival style building, was built in 1923. According to an article in the Oregon City Enterprise on December 31, 1949, the Elks were beginning an extensive remodeling project on the building. The building was further remodeled and enlarged in 1968, when the Mission Revival style was obliterated for the contemporary look of a screened wall. The lodge is still an active part of the community. The building, however, clearly reflects the 1968 stylistic changes and not the historic appearance and, therefore, is no longer eligible as a contributing resource in a historic district.