The bungalow at 718 JQ Adams Street is dominated by a large sleeping porch "dormer" built on the front over the porch early in the history of the 1906 house. The house is sheathed in narrow bevel with a water table and cap. The windows are multi-pane-over-one. The gable roof is supported at the open eave by brackets. The front porch is supported by tapered truncated columns on stuccoed bases. The porch rail is solid. There is a square bay on the south side. The garage attached to the rear is near collapse.
Statement of Significance: Chauncey Ramsby, original owner of this house, was the deputy chief to Henry Stevens, county recorder. He was born near Molalla, Oregon in 1877. Later, O.A. Pace and family lived here. Mr. Pace was mayor of Oregon City from 1927-1935 and was also a partner of Holman and Pace Funeral Home from 1918. During the period of Mr. Pace's association with the funeral home, the business relocated to the (Ross) Charman home at 7th and Jefferson, where it remains today as Holman, Hankins and Waud. Following Pace's ownership, the house changed hands frequently. The house was typically owner occupied until about 1950 and used as a rental during the 1950s. In 1960, Doyle and Gwendolyn Grant bought the property and lived in the house through the remainder of the historic period.