This 1-1/2 story Bungalow has a rectangular plan and sits on a concrete foundation with basement. The gable roof is covered with composition shingles and has decorative eave brackets. It is pierced by shed roof dormers and a chimney The house is covered with asbestos shingles. Windows are primarily 6/1 and 4/1 wood double-hung. The entry porch has narrow double posts and knee wall. Secondary entrances have small covered porches. A flat roof, 2-car garage with parapet to east of the house.
Statement of Significance: In 1916, Joseph D. and Venna Locke purchased this land from the German Evangelical Lutheran Church. Mr. Locke was a carpenter who built of a number of Bungalow houses in the McLoughlin Neighborhood, including this one. In 1919, the Lockes sold the property to George A. and Augusta S. Brown, who in turn, later, transferred it to Hugh E. and Eva Margaret Hendry two years later. Mr. Hendry operated and later owned the Shell gas station at 10th and Main Street. Following the purchase by Dr. A.H. Johnston in 1933, the house was resold a number of times in the next 20 years. Subsequent owners included Oliver F. Clarke, a teacher at the senior high school, Albert and Margaret Talmadge, and Agatha Vogl. In 1956, the property was purchased by Charles and Lora Dicken. Although the couple owned the house until 1973, they never resided there. It was occupied by James A. Kinasz, an x-ray technician at Willamette Falls Hospital, and his wife Mary from at least 1958 through the late 1960s.