This 1-1/2 story bungalow has a rectangular plan and sits on a poured concrete foundation with basement. The gable roof is covered in composition shingles with exposed rafter tails and decorative brackets and is pierced by shed roof dormers. A side chimney has been reconstructed. The house is covered with bevel siding grounded by a water table and cap. The dormers are covered with wood shingles. Windows are primarily 1/1 wood double-hung with storm windows with some small leaded windows on the side facades. The front (west) façade has a bay window with leaded windows. The main entry door has four panes separated by vertical mullions. The hip roof entry porch is supported by square columns and has a knee wall. The front steps have a metal railing. The south façade has a square bay window. There is a small hipped roof porch on the rear of the house and an attached garage.
Statement of Significance: In 1913, Angel and Kate E. Turner purchased this property and proceeded to construct this residence. Four years later, the couple sold to house in 1917 to Ina C. Adams. She and her husband owned the house until 1929 when they sold it to Florence H. Curtice. In 1936, E.T. Moss, Sheriff, sold the house to M.J. Walsh. Two years later, M.J. Walsh and his wife sold the house to John J. and Beatrice Inskeep. Referred to as the Curtis House, the owner until at least 1985 was John Inskeep, longtime County extension agent. Mr. Inskeep took pride in the County's agricultural achievements, particularly in the area of soil enhancement. Foe of farmland fragmentation, he fought the breakup of larger farms into rural residences. Honored as the namesake of the Inskeep Environmental Learning Center, Mr. Inskeep also served as an Oregon State Senator.