The rectangular bungalow at 815 7th Street is completely covered in wood shingles, including its porch columns. The house is side gabled with a full-width porch. There is a shed dormer at the front elevation. The eaves have shaped brackets and exposed rafter tails. There is a shed bay on the west side. Windows are 1/1 wood double-hung. The front window has a leaded glass transom. There is a new French door and porch at the rear. Along the 7th Street sidewalk, there is a basalt retaining wall. There is a new outbuilding at the rear.
Statement of Significance: This house, constructed about 1911, was once the home of Christina Ely. The Elys were prominent merchants in Oregon City during the early part of the century. Ely bought the property in January of 1913 from John Bluhm, who himself bought the property in 1911 from Erma Jones and her husband. It is uncertain which owner is actually responsible for the construction of the house, but it is clear that Ely lived in the house during her term of ownership, which ended in 1917. Ely sold the house to Clara Williams, who owned the property until 1946. Williams may not have lived in the house during her term of ownership, as she is not listed in the 1933 directory and in 1941 she had a Gladstone address. Williams sold the property to the first Presbyterian Church of Oregon City, and the only other occupant in the house during the remainder of the historic period was Helen Lovett. Her sister, Nancy Lovett, also lived in the house until the early 1950s.