This 1-1/2 story vernacular Queen Anne-style house has a gable roof covered in aluminum shingles. The upper story is flared, has square, octagonal, and segmental imbrication, and decorative dentils. A side dormer window is also sheathed in decorative shingles. The first story is clad in channel drop siding and also has cornerboards. The gabled one-story entry porch has fancy brackets, tapered columns, and an ornate balustrade. The windows are 1/1 wood, double-hung with hoods Some have stained-glass details. The house has a rectangular plan and sits on a poured concrete foundation. The second unit in the back is newer and has composition shingles and aluminum windows.
Statement of Significance: In 1891, William White bought two lots and built a house on each. This one, which was sold to L. E. Caples in 1897, was probably the first built, as it lacks a foundation. In 1888, White was in partnership with his brother F. F. White, who in 1916, joined with Harold Rands of Rands & White Architects. William married Martha Rands, the sister of his brother's future partner. Caples sold the property to Thomas Ryan in 1900, who sold it the following year to Frank Weed. Four years later, it was purchased by Minnie Greeman, who later remarried George H. brown. In 1927, the property was purchased by Benjamin and Mary Gladys Igo. Mr. Igo worked at Oregon City Printing and his wife was a bookkeeper. The couple lived in the house for years, prior to renting it in the late 1950s and early 1960s. Following Mr. Igo's death in 1967, the property was transferred to their son, Robert Igo, who owned Oregon City Printing and Stationery Co.