This two story Colonial Revival-style house has a rectangular plan and sits on a poured concrete foundation. The gable roof is covered in composition shingles with eave returns and is pierced by two chimneys. The house is covered with lap siding grounded by a water table and cap. Pilasters accent the corners of the house. Windows are primarily 8/1 and 9/1 wood double-hung. The pedimented porte-cochere is supported by Doric columns. The main entry, accessed under the porte-cochere, has a brick stoop with wrought iron railing. The front (east) façade also has a secondary entrance. A one-story, flat roof sun porch is on the north façade of the house. A poured concrete, flat roofed addition, with roof deck, has been added to the lower level of the rear (west) façade.
Statement of Significance: In 1912, Antoinette Walden Stout sold lots 1and2 of Block 41 to Henry Bigger. Henry J. Bigger and his wife sold lot 1 to Hugh S. and Matilda Mount in 1917. Hugh Mount, M.D., F.A.C.S., was an Oregon City financier and surgeon who had a joint practice with his brothers Guy and Albert, also physicians, and Clyde who was a dentist. Later a nephew, Frank and J.C. Cleland joined the team, and in 1912 the consortium took over the Oregon City Hospital, which they operated through the 1920s. As a prominent member of the community, Hugh served as vice-president of the Oregon City Bank of Commerce, as president of the Chamber of Commerce, as an Oregon City Councilman, and executive head of the State of Oregon Medical Society. Born in 1875 in Silverton, he was one of 14 children of Henry Duckwall Mount and his wife Rebecca (Stevens). In 1932, Hugh Ganong Mount and his wife sold the house to Gladys Taylor. Her husband, Charles F. Taylor, was an auto dealer. Gladys Taylor owned the house until 1946 when she sold it to Richard R. and Genevieve E. Friedrich. The Friedrichs owned the house until at least 1983.