This 1-1/2 story house sits under a side gable roof with a large hipped dormer on the east side. A full width porch is recessed under the main gable on this side as well, where the eave is supported by paired Tuscan columns set on a solid balustrade. The balustrade, like the rest of the house, is clad with beveled lap siding. The main gable features gable end returns and enclosed eaves, but the gable ends have exposed purlins. The hip dormer also has enclosed eaves, and is supported by groups of smaller Tuscan columns at the corners. The windows in the house are typically 1/1 wood double-hung sashes, but the hip dormer has double-hung vinyl sashes that are a recent addition. The windows typically feature plain board surrounds with hood and apron moldings. Other features include a full water table and an interior chimney just west of the main ridge at the center of the house.
Statement of Significance: Lots 3 and 4 were sold in 1909 by J.T. Apperson to D.C. and Jennie Baker. The Bakers sold both lots back to J.T. Apperson in 1912. A few months later, Apperson sold lot 4 to J.E. and Clara Jack. J.E. Jack was prominent in Oregon City politics, serving as Justice of the Peace from district number 8, as deputy sheriff in 1902, and later, in the teens, as county assessor. Born in Marquam in 1860, he was the son of William Jack, a pioneer of 1847. Jack began as a farmer, moved into merchandising for the Butte Creek Grange, and was one of the principal organizers of the Butte Creek Fair, which was first held in 1885 and, to 1902, was the only fair held in the county. In 1941, Guy and Martha Pace occupy the house. Guy was the county clerk. In 1953, Clara Jack sold the property to Christena Bluhm. Ms. Bluhm worked for Busch Furniture Company.