The tracks are located in the center of Main Street in the block between 5th and 6th Streets (they also extend further to the south, but are outside of the survey area at that point). The tops of the steel rails are visible at this point and have not been totally paved over. It is unclear if the tracks further north were removed or are simply paved over.
Statement of Significance: The first electric interurban rail transportation began with a line from Portland to Oregon City in 1893. The line was the oldest
continuously-operated interurban railway in the country when it ceased operations in April 1968. Although the entire rail is no longer visible due to successive pavings, the tops of the rails clearly illustrate the route of the rail line. As the only remaining remnants of a significance piece of Oregon City's history, and because they represent the first and longest continuously-operated electric interurban rail line, they should be considered eligible as a contributing resource in a historic district.