The following guidelines apply to Internet use at Oregon City Public Library:
• Use of internet computers requires your library card number and PIN, or a guest pass.
• Users are limited to two 60 minutes sessions per day.
• You must sign up for the next available time slot only, unless there are special needs.
• If you are more than five minutes late, your reservation will be canceled.
• Internet computers are logged off 10 minutes before library closing.
• Users under 18 always have filtered Internet if that person is using his or her own library card.
• The charge for printing is 10 cents per page.
• You may select single-sided or double-sided printing.
PROHIBITED USE OF INTERNET STATIONS
• Accessing or viewing images that may be considered obscene or pornographic
• Attempting to install and run programs
• Damage to or destruction of Library equipment, software or data
• Resetting, restarting or turning off any machines
• Using another person’s card to extend the length of time on the internet
• Attempting to access internal library data or equipment set-ups; violation of computer security; attempts to alter software configurations or unauthorized manipulation of data
• Violation of another user’s right to privacy or attempting to interfere with another user’s ability to access and view information
• Transmission of unsolicited advertising
• Any activity in violation of federal or state laws and regulations, including those regarding copyright, transmission of material that is harassing, libeling, slandering, indecent or obscene; and those regarding accessing, viewing, and distributing obscenity or child pornography
ATTACHING OTHER DEVICES AND DOWNLOADING
You may attach equipment, such as MP3 players, digital cameras, thumb drives, diskettes, smart phones, IPods, etc., but you do so at your own risk. These items may or may not work on Library computers and it is not the responsibility of the Library to ensure that they work for you. Simple storage devices, such as thumb drives should work fine, but other devices may not. We are not equipped to help you with devices that are not compatible with our computers.
Wi-Fi is available at the Library. When you use Library Wi-Fi, you agree to all the same above conditions.
Please contact the Reference staff for assistance with Internet stations, questions, or interpretation of these guidelines.
Failure to follow these guidelines may result in loss of Internet use or charges, where appropriate.