Library2Go has a new look!
Big changes are coming to the Library2Go website this March. The website's “interface” will look very different, but the process of using Library2Go to enjoy downloadable media will be much the same—with some added benefits! Improved searchability, in-browser reading options, and a more user-friendly look are some of the perks you can expect with the update. Contact the library at 503-657-8269 with your questions—we're always happy to help.
What’s so great about Library2Go?
Library2Go is a free service provided by your library and the Oregon Digital Library Consortium that allows you to download hundreds of audiobook and eBook titles with your library card. Downloaded materials don’t count against your regular checkout limits, and there are NO OVERDUE FINES. You can transfer titles to compatible devices or enjoy them on your home computer or laptop.
What tools do I need to begin?
- A valid library card and PIN (usually the last four digits of your phone number).
- A Windows PC with Windows Media Player 9.0 or later, a Mac with iTunes, or a compatible mobile device.
- The freely available Overdrive Media Console software. See installation instructions below.
- A high-speed Internet connection.
How do I start?
Begin by downloading the Overdrive Media Console.
To install Overdrive Media Console:
- Go to the Overdrive Media site.
- Choose your platform (Windows or Mac, or Mobile device).
- Click the 'Download Now' icon.
- Walk through the setup wizard, accepting the default settings.
To search for audiobook titles:
Search for titles from our LINCC catalog or on the Library2Go website.
When searching in LINCC, you can narrow your search to “All downloadable audiobooks” under the Format dropdown box. This will narrow your search to only Library2Go downloadable audiobooks.
Click on “Click here to check Library2Go for availability” and you will be taken to that title in Library2Go.
To download audiobook titles:
- Click 'Add 2Go Cart'.
- After adding desired titles to your cart, click 'Proceed to Checkout'.
- Log in using your library card number and PIN.
- Select 'Libraries in Clackamas County' from the 'Library' dropdown menu.
- Choose your preferred lending period. This option is not available for some items.
- Click 'Confirm Checkout'.
- Click 'Download'.
- Select a location on your computer where you want the downloaded book to reside, or select 'Open with Overdrive Media Console', which will open the file immediately. The Overdrive program will open and give you the option of downloading all or parts of the audiobook.
**If the title you want is not available, click 'Place Hold'. You will be prompted to login with your library card number and PIN. Select 'Libraries in Clackamas County' from the 'Library' dropdown menu and click 'Login'. Enter a valid email address when prompted. When your title becomes available, you will receive an email with further instructions.
To transfer OverDrive Audiobooks to a device:
- Open the downloaded and installed OverDrive Media Console.
- Connect your device to your computer.
- Select a title.
- Click the 'Transfer' button.
- Follow the steps in the wizard to complete the transfer.
Need more help? Don’t panic! Click here to access Library2Go’s MyHelp! tutorial.