15th St Waterline Replacements, Main to Division
Project Contact Information:
Construction: Summer to Winter 2016
$1.5M for Design and Construction
15th Street97045 Oregon City , OR
Select here to go to status updates.
The project scope includes the design and construction for replacement of approximately 4,800 linear feet of water main, new services with individual pressure reducing valves, new fire hydrant assemblies and a new Pressure Reducing Valve (PRV). More specifically, the project includes:
- Construction of approximately 4,800 linear feet of 4-inch through 12-inch ductile iron watermain.
- Replacement of approximately 42 water services with individual pressure reducing valves on the customer side of the water meter.
- Installation of approximately eight (8) new fire hydrant assemblies.
- Installation of a packaged pressure reducing valve station.
- Minor storm drainage improvements.
- Replacement of approximately 195 linear feet of 8-inch and 15-inch sewer main.
- Replacement of one (1), 48-inch manhole.
November 8, 2016: All sections of new waterline are now online and a new pressure reducing valve (PRV) has been installed. The old waterline is in the process of being abandoned. The concrete work has been poured.
One modification to the project is the replacement of 270 feet of sewer pipe in 15th Street between Center Street and Main Street but that work is on hold pending relocation of a franchise utility line which was installed in conflict with the City's sewer line.
Work is scheduled to be substantially complete by December 3.
August 31, 2016: Paving scheduled to be performed by the contractor following the underground utility work is permanent trench resurfacing in accordance with the City's standard details 532 and 533 available in our Street Design Detail Drawings.
July 20, 2016: A construction notice was mailed out to all residents/tenants along 15th Street and one block north and south of the construction zone.
July 6, 2016: The effective date of the Notice to Proceed will be July 11, 2016, the official contract calendar will begin July 26, 2016, and all work shall be completed by November 23, 2016.
June 15, 2016: The City Commission awarded a contract for the work in the amount of $1,239,480 to Trench Line Excavation, Inc. out of Corvallis, Oregon.