114 S. John Adams Street

Statement of Significance: One of the owners indicated these were originally housing for the 1st, 2nd and 3rd commanding officers of the Armory, which is located across the street from the triplex.

This c.1948 residence is a multi-unit, triplex of apartments. There are two structures separated by a minimal sidewalk. Both structures have a rectangular shaped plan with a hip roofline. The primary exterior surface material is wood lap siding, but it varies per unit with some locations having wood v-notched drop siding on one elevation and vertical groove plywood on other elevations. The typical window type is a 1/1 aluminum window with aluminum fixed picture windows at some locations.

This property is located within the McLoughlin Conservation District but is not a locally designated historic site. Contact ocplanning@orcity.org for more information.

Historic Inventory Form 

JOHN_S_0114