Voter registration is officially conducted through the office of the Clackamas County Clerk for Oregon City residents. Voter registration forms are also available at the City Hall in Oregon City, any local driver's license or motor vehicle facility, or download the form using the following instructions and mail it to the Clackamas County Clerk's Office. Registered voters who have changed their address, name, or party affiliation are required to complete a new registration form.
You may register to vote in Oregon if:
- You are a resident of Oregon
- You are a citizen of the United States of America
- You are at least 16 years of age
Note: If you are 16 years of age, you will not receive a ballot until an election occurs on or after your 18th birthday.
How to Register
To register to vote or update your current registration in Clackamas County:
- Register online at the OR Secretary of State website
- Complete the Voter Registration Form found on the Clackamas County How to Vote page; the form is in a fillable pdf format. Open the form using the free Adobe Acrobat© Reader and complete it online by tabbing through the fields and typing in the requested information
- Print the completed form and sign it
- Mail the form to the following address or drop it off in person:
Clackamas County Elections Division
1710 Red Soils Court
Oregon City, OR 97045
If you do not wish to complete the voter registration form online, you may print the form and complete it using black ink.
The county elections office will mail you a card to let you know that your registration was received. If you are registering in Oregon for the first time, your completed voter registration form must be postmarked by the 21st day before an election in order to vote in that election.
New laws require that people must provide identifying information to register to vote. If you have a current, valid Oregon Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Driver's License/Identification (ID), you must provide that number. A suspended Driver's License is still valid, a revoked Driver's License is not valid. If you do not have a current, valid Oregon DMV Driver's License/ID, you must provide the last 4 digits of your Social Security number.
If you do not have a current, valid Oregon DMV Driver's License/ID or a Social Security number, you must affirm this on the voter registration card, and if you are registering by mail, you must provide a copy of one of the following:
- Valid photo identification
- A paycheck stub
- A utility bill
- A bank statement
- A government document
- Proof of eligibility under the Uniformed and Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act (UOCAVA) or the Voting Accessibility for the Elderly and Handicapped Act (VAEH)
If you have any questions, be sure to call the Clackamas County Elections Office at 503-655-8510.