I phoned in a complaint weeks ago. Why has nothing been done to the property?

In all cases, the responsible party (Respondent) must be provided notice that there is a problem. They must be provided with a reasonable time period in which to correct the violation(s). This notice may be as simple as a visit from a Code Enforcement officer or other authorized City employee, or as difficult as sending notice via certified mail or the filing of a formal citation against those who refuse to answer their door or pick up certified mail. Regardless of the type of service for the Respondent(s) in your particular case, please rest assured that your complaint is important and is being handled in an appropriate manner.

Show All Answers

1. Does the nuisance ordinance apply to my private property?
2. Will the City repair the raised sidewalk in front of my home?
3. The limbs on the tree in front of my home are very low; who trims them?
4. Is soliciting legal in Oregon City?
5. What can be done with abandoned shopping carts in my neighborhood?
6. Can I park my vehicle(s) in my yard?
7. Can I park my boat and/or recreational vehicle (RV) on the public street?
8. Can I park my work vehicle in front of my house on the public street?
9. I live in a subdivision with a Homeowners' Association. Can the City enforce the Association's bylaws?
10. I phoned in a complaint weeks ago. Why has nothing been done to the property?
11. My neighbor is building a fence over my property line. Is there anything the City can do?
12. The house next door has trash and debris all over the front and or back yards. Can anything be done to clean the property?
13. Can I have a membrane structure on my private property?
14. Do I need a permit if I need to do work in the street?