- Dog Park (Off Leash - Unfenced)
- Dog Pots
- Barclay Park is located at 711 12th Street.
- The park has mature trees and an open grassy area.
- There are no facilities at the park.
- There is an off-leash test area for dogs and dog pots for cleaning up pet waste.
Test: Off-Leash Dog Areas (OLDA)
Barclay Park | Park Place Park | Wesley Lynn Park
Local dogs and their owners are invited to check out the new designated off-leash dog areas at three park sites. The off-leash area is open for a one-year trial period to evaluate the opportunity for dog owners to have a designated off-leash area. The purpose of off-leash dog areas is to provide a safe and enjoyable recreational experience to dog owners/handlers and their dogs, while not impacting other park visitors or the environment.
A few factors will be taken into consideration when the City determines whether or not to make the off-leash areas permanent:
- Satisfaction level of owners with the facility and experience
- Other visitors in the park (visitors with and without dogs)
- Safety of dogs and park visitors
- Owners are legally responsible for the behavior of their dog(s) at all times
- Dog waste must be cleaned up by their owners immediately
- Dogs must be leashed while entering and exiting the park
- Owners must be within the OLDA and supervise their dog with a leash readily available
- Aggressive dogs must be removed immediately
- Dogs should be under voice control