The purpose of the Planning Commission is to serve as an advisory body to, and a resource for, the City Commission in land use materials. The commission was created on February 4, 1948 by Ordinance No. 1350 and amended December 7, 1988 by Ordinance No. 88-1028. The commission is authorized by ORS 227 and established by Oregon City Municipal Code - Chapter 2.24.
The commission is composed of seven members who serve for a four-year term and are appointed by the Mayor. According to OCMC Chapter 2.24.020(C), members cannot serve for more than eight consecutive years. No more than two voting members of the commission shall be engaged principally or involved in any aspect of the real estate field. In addition, no more than two voting members shall be engaged in the same kind of business, trade or profession. (OCMC 2.24.030).
SPECIAL FILING REQUIRED
Oregon Revised Statutes require certain public officials to file an annual Statement of Economic Interest (SEI) with the Oregon Government Ethics Commission. Members of the Planning Commission are required to file the SEI. To view a sample of the form, click here. Further information on this requirement may be obtained from the City Recorder's Office at 503-496-1505 .
CITY STAFF LIAISON
|Name||Position||Term Start Date||
|Paul Espe||Vice Chair||01/01/2015||12/31/2018|
Updated February 2017