Get a Library Card
SIGNING UP FOR A LINCC CARD:
- Residents of the Library District of Clackamas County are eligible for a free library card.
- Patrons outside the Library District must pay an annual fee of $95 to get a library card.
- $95 fee waived for residents of these counties: Multnomah, Washington, Clark, Skamania, Klickitat, and City of Camas (Washington).
- Complete a card application at the library
- Bring a government-issued identification and something that shows your current address (piece of mail addressed to you, or a lease or sales agreement for your home, etc.)
- The co-signature of a parent or legal guardian is required for children under 13. The co-signer will also provide the identification and address verification needed.
- For questions about children's library cards visit our Kids' Cards FAQ page.
USE OF YOUR CARD:
Because the Oregon City Public Library is affiliated with the Library District of Clackamas County, you can use your card at any public library in Clackamas County. Be aware that loan periods and check-out policies may differ among libraries. Please have your library card available when requesting any services either in person or by phone. You are responsible for any item that is checked out on your card so be sure to notify the library if your card is lost or stolen.
With a few exceptions, patrons may have up to 50 items on loan at one time.
- Total Materials - 50
- Video Games - 2
- Automotive Manuals - 3
- Lucky Day Books - 2
- Lucky Day DVDs - 2
- Children's Playaway Views - 3 per family
- Cultural Passes - 1
- Kindles - 1
- Number of holds - 15
- Number of renewals - 5 per item (no renewals on items with holds or Lucky Day DVDs and books)
- New Books, Lucky Day Books, Magazines, Compact Discs - 14 days
- Kindles - 14 days (no holds, no renewals)
- Videos and DVDs - 7 days
- Children's Holiday Books - 7 days
- Children's Playaway Views - 7 days
- Cultural Passes - 1 day (no renewals)
- Standard loan (everything else) - 28 days
Items returned after the due date will be charged the daily rate for the item type (no grace period).
- Cultural Passes - $5.00 per day (up to replacement cost)
- Kindles - $2.50 per day (up to replacement cost)
- Children's printed materials - .25 per day (up to $3)
- All other materials - .25 per day (up to $5)