Clackamette Park lies at the confluence of the Willamette and Clackamas rivers in Oregon City, with easy access from I-205 and 99E. Visitors come from miles around to enjoy the many amenities of Clackamette Park. It's the perfect place to plan your next family get-together, birthday party, company picnic or special event.
Location: 1955 Clackamette Drive
Size: 25 Acres
- Boat launch
- Horseshoe pits
- Swing set
- Beach access to Willamette and Clackamas Rivers
- Restroom facilities
- RV Park
- RV dump station
- Drinking fountains
- Walking paths
- and much more!
Facilities: 2 reservable shelters
General Shelter B sits in the SW corner of the park, near the Willamette River and playground. This is our largest covered shelter in the park and its amenities include: 8 picnic tables, BBQ grill, and nearby restroom facilities.
(See below for reservation instructions)
Horseshoe Shelter sits in the SE corner of the park and is a secluded shady shelter near the horseshoe pit. Amenities include: 6 picnic tables, BBQ grill, and nearby horseshoe pits, available for use when not reserved separately.
(see below for reservation instructions)
There are Three Ways to Reserve a Shelter:
- Call Park Operations at (503)496-1201
- Stop by the office Monday-Friday, 8:00am -4:00pm
- Send us an inquiry. Submit this form and we will respond to you within 48 hours.
- Reservation charges must be paid in full to complete the reservation.
- If you are planning a special event with 100+ people, please call the Park Operations Office at (503)496-1201.
Shelter Reservation Rates:
|# of People||Cost||Time Blocks|
|1 - 50||$65 for up to 4 hours||11am - 3pm or 4pm - 8pm|
|51 - 100||$85 for up to 4 hours||11am - 3pm or 4pm - 8pm|
|101 +||Special Event (Call Park Operations)||Based on availability|
- Park is closed from 10:00 PM - 5:00 AM. It is unlawful for persons to be in the parks between these hours.
- Pets are welcome, but must be leashed. Please clean up after your pets.
- Alcohol is not permitted in Oregon City Parks.
- BBQ's are allowed in designated receptacles or you may bring your own BBQ (with the exception of Children’s Canemah and Rivercrest Spraypark shelters). All BBQ’s must have at least 8” legs.
- No firearms or fireworks.
- No amplified music or public address systems, except by permit.
- You are responsible for your litter. If you cannot find a trash disposal bin, please follow the "pack it out" policy. We appreciate your efforts to leave the park clean for others to enjoy.
- All Oregon City Parks are smoke and tobacco free.
- Shelter must be vacated at the end of the reserved period.
- All trash must be removed by users at the end of the reserved period.
- Alcohol is never permitted in shelter.
- All renters must request electricity for their event.
- No water balloons or spray silly string are allowed anywhere in the park.
- Carry your Facility Registration during activity as proof of your reservation.
- Reservations may be made up to one year in advance.
- Refunds are allowed for cancellations received by the Oregon City Parks office prior to two weeks before the date of activity. A $10 processing fee will be deducted from all refunds. No refunds will be given for cancellations within 2 weeks of reservation.
- No modifications of reservation date or time will be allowed within 2 weeks of park shelter reservation.
Oregon City Ordinances and Oregon Laws
- Oregon City Ordinance No 16-1012, para 11, effective Dec. 2, 2016: All Oregon City Parks are smoke and tobacco free.
- Oregon City Ordinance No 16-1011, effective Dec. 2, 2016: Any municipal police officer may exclude any person who violates any applicable provision of law in any park from the Oregon City’s parks in accordance with the provisions of the Section.
- Oregon law (ORS 105.682, et seq.) provides that the City of Oregon City is not liable in contract or tort for injury, death, or property damage that arises out of use of land for recreational purposes (known as “recreational use immunity”). That immunity from liability does not apply if the owner makes a charge for permission to use the land. The fee you paid is only for use of the reserved park shelter. Other uses of this park, or any use of the property outside the reserved facility are not subject to a charge and, therefore, the City of Oregon City is not liable for injuries, death, or property damage arising out of such uses of the property for which no specific charge has been made.