In 1910, the Ermatinger House was among those historic homes from Oregon City's earliest years which were saved from encroaching development around Willamette Falls by being moved.
The McLoughlin Memorial Association moved the Ermatinger House to Eleventh and Center Street, just down the street from the similarly rescued McLoughlin and Barclay Houses. In 1986, the Ermatinger House was moved to its present location at 6th and John Adams.
Tours and special programs are currently not available. To contact the Ermatinger House for more information, please call (503) 496-1201.