Park Rules and Ordinances
PARK RULES AND INFORMATION:
- Parks are closed from 10:00 PM - 5:00 AM. It is unlawful for persons to be in the parks between these hours
- Pets are welcome, but must be leashed - and please clean up after your pets
- ALCOHOL is not permitted in Oregon City Parks
- No water balloons or silly string are allowed anywhere in the parks
- BBQ's are allowed in designated receptacles or you may bring your own BBQ (with the exception of Canemah Children's Park and Rivercrest Spraypark)
- No firearms or fireworks
- No amplified music or public address systems, except by permit
- You are responsible for your litter - if you cannot find a trash disposal bin, please follow the "pack it out" policy
We appreciate your efforts to leave the park clean for others to enjoy
CITY ORDINANCES & STATE STATUTES:
Oregon City Park Exclusion: Ordinance No. 16-1011. Effective Date: Dec. 2, 2016
An ordinance of the City of Oregon City amending the Oregon City Municipal Code creating Section 12.16.070 to allow for exclusion of individuals from Oregon City Parks.
Oregon City Smoke and Tobacco Free Parks: Ordinance No. 16-1012. Effective: Dec. 2, 2016
An Ordinance of the amending Section 12.16.020 of the Oregon City Municipal Code to ban the use of tobacco in public parks within Oregon City Parks.
Oregon City Hold Harmless/Recreational Land/Facility Liability
NOTICE: Oregon law (ORS 105.682, et seq.) provides that the City of Oregon City is not liable in contract or tort for injury, death, or property damage that arises out of use of land for recreational purposes (known as “recreational use immunity”). That immunity from liability does not apply if the owner makes a charge for permission to use the land. The fee you paid is only for use of the reserved park shelter. Other uses of this park, or any use of the property outside the reserved facility are not subject to a charge and, therefore, the City of Oregon City is not liable for injuries, death, or property damage arising out of such uses of the property for which no specific charge has been made.
On occasion, the Oregon City staff may take photos of participants in recreation programs, events or people on Parks and Recreation properties. Such photos are for Parks and Recreation use only and may be used in future publications or flyers.