101 Jefferson Street - Frank Busch Rental
This single story bungalow has a rectangular plan with a small shed addition and a bay to the north side. It sits on a high parged concrete foundation with basement and has been entirely reclad in vinyl siding. The barge board has been wrapped in metal while the eave brackets remain unaltered. The roof is covered with composition shingling. The windows have been completely changed to vinyl casements. The front porch is almost full width with boxed columns. The wood porch stairs and railing appear to be a 1990s replacement. A post-WWII detached garage exists to the rear of the house. A corrugated metal carport addition essentially attaches the garage to the west side of the house.
Statement of Significance: The house at 101 Jefferson Street is one of the fourteen houses erected by Frank Busch in and around the McLoughlin District. Busch used the residence as a rental property, as did the following owner, Tony Gaylor in 1923. Nellie and Michael Lipanovic bought the house from Gaylor in 1941 when Michael was employed as a truck driver. Later inhabitants included Andrew and Helen Masereck and George and Sylvia Lightfoot. Both of these men were employed by Crown Zellerback.