106 Center Street - Samuel and Mary Meyers House
This 1-1/2 story vernacular house is rectangular in plan and sits on a concrete block foundation. The gable roof is covered in composition shingles. The house is covered with channel rustic drop siding ground by a water table and cap. Windows are primarily 1/1 wood double-hung. A hip roofed wing has been added to the south façade. A picket fence encircles the yard.
Statement of Significance: The house at 106 Center Street was moved to its present site c.1947. The house is purported to have been built by Samuel Meyers c.1885. Samuel Meyers was born in 1838 in Germany, and arrived in the United States in 1870. His wife Mary was born in Germany in 1850. They had several daughters: Elfrida, Martha and Augusta. In 1880, Meyers was a laborer living with his two young daughters and wife, and a brother-in-law, Adolf Fredrick. This house was the first of three almost identical buildings erected along Center Street by Meyers. In 1919, the house was sold to D. Reddaway, who sold it in 1937 to the Satterlie family. They sold it c.1947 to the Catholic archdiocese, and the house was moved to its present site.