1306 7th Street
This one story International style building, built into a hill, has a rectangular plan and sits on a poured concrete foundation. The flat roof is builtup. The walls are covered with stucco. Windows are primarily large fixed-pane with color and ribbon sliding windows. The main entrance is recessed and covered with a metal awning. Brick planters flank the main entrance. A stone retaining wall is adjacent to the west façade. To the rear of the mortuary is a 1-1/2 story c.1930 English Cottage, undoubtedly where the Hillside Chapel got started. It is detached from the International style building, but does not appear to be within the conservation district's boundaries. A free-standing carport is within the boundaries and on the tax lot. Windows are 6/1 wood double-hung, and fixed wood sash flanked by 4/1 wood double-hung. The walls are covered with stucco. The jerkinhead roof has rounded eaves and is clad in wood shingles. There is an arched entry porch.