302 John Adams Street - John & Ursula Budorisch House
This simple c.1911 vernacular house has a rectangular plan with a front-facing gable roof. The building shows influences from the budding bungalow movement with its scroll-sawn eave brackets and closed porch rail. However, the house’s simple form and 1/1 double-hung windows with lamb’s tongues belong to the pre-bungalow period. This mixing of styles was typical for the 1910’s. The building is clad in original roundedge drop siding. The low-pitched hip roof is supported by truncated, tapered columns balanced on a low knee wall. Alterations include the application of faux shutters on the front façade, installation of modern gutters and downspouts, and a rear porch enclosed with lattice.
Statement of Significance: In 1909, John and Ursula Budorich purchased this property and are credited with the construction of the residence. They sold to Paul Navalinski in 1916 and although he owned the house for 20 years, it is unclear if he ever occupied it. During the next forty years, the property changed ownership frequently, and all of these parties appear to have used it as a rental. Occupants included Alice Mackley, Carl and Barbara Haskins, and Rolla and Judith Follis.