319 4th Street - G.R.H. Miller House
This modest one story house sits under a cross gable roof with an L-shaped plan resting on a stone foundation. The south side of the house features a shed roof over the entry porch, which appears to be an addition. The porch shed is supported by a series of 6 x 6 columns with a lattice railing that matches the porch skirt. The house is clad primarily with horizontal clapboards, finished with cornerboards. The basement level is clad with drop siding. The windows are all 1/1 double-hung wood sash with lamb's tongues, and have seen the addition of aluminum storm windows. The gables feature enclosed eaves with narrow rake and frieze boards. Two chimneys are present on the house; one centrally located and one on the north wall of the house with a new galvanized cap.
Statement of Significance: In 1877, George R.H. Miller, a carpenter, purchased this property and is credited with the construction of the residence. Following Miller's sale to Clara Jack in 1934, the property changed hands another three times in the next ten years. None of these short- term owners appear to have ever lived in the residence. In 1944, Ida Myrtle Kelly purchased this property. She continued to own and occupy the house until her death in 1980.